This news from the feisty Historic Inns of Rockland was just too fun not to share. Check out this group of innkeeper's answers to health care reform. When it comes the public vs. private debate over health care reform, the conversation at the four Historic Inns of Rockland, ME revolves around whether to have the massage ensuite or in the spa. Along with their senator, Olympia Snowe, this feisty group of four historically preserved inns is not afraid to cross party lines and has their own idea for a prescription drug plan simplified into two tiers – red or white. Wellness coverage here includes complimentary anti-oxidant chocolates and blueberry juice, pie or pancakes.
Best of all, affordability is assured; a cost-cutting measure is included with 10 percent off all rooms (built into the package) along with spa treatments at RHeal Wellness Center and Day Spa. Stress-relief toys even come free. It’s all tongue in cheek, but it measures up to one great relaxing weekend geared toward wellness, stress relief and a form of health care reform that promises to be passed by all those participating. The promise: no one will be denied; all pre-existing conditions will be accepted, and affordability is guaranteed; with four inns, you’re sure to find one that fits your budget and all wellness criteria.
The expanded prescription coverage for the Historic Inns of Rockland’s Health Care Reform package includes not only cardio-training but stress relief and couples therapy all in one.
- Wellness coverage includes two nights accommodations in luxury rooms, many with fireplaces multi-jet showers, whirlpool or soaking tubs.
- A multi-course cardio-healthy and hearty breakfast for two offers antioxidants, vitamins, fiber and protein to start the day.
- Physical and mental therapy comes in the form of a couples massage enjoyed ensuite or at a local day spa plus 10% off at RHeal Wellness Center and Day Spa.
- Stress relief is offered with a complimentary stress ball allowing you to squeeze the ball not the taxpayer, and relaxing music CD featuring local Rockland artists.
- Weight control measures include a welcome basket with locally made cheeses and chocolates, proven to provide antioxidant nutrition.
- The prescription drug plan offers a gift certificate to the Wine Seller, Rockland’s premier wine store for a choice red or white wine or non-alcoholic beverage.
Cost-cutting measures have been employed. Participants will receive 10% off additional spa services and room rates for this package (only) offered from November 1, 2009 – May 15, 2010 for $510-750 per couple, excluding tax.
The Historic Inns of Rockland have decided not to allow health care reform to cripple their economy. For more information on how four inns are working together to insure health care reform for Maine and travelers beyond , visit www.HistoricInnsofRockland.com or the LimeRock Inn, Captain Lindsey House, Granite Inn and Berry Manor Inn. For reservations, call 877-ROC-INNS (877-762-4667).