This sweet recipe comes courtesy of the Hattie May Inn in Fort Worth, Texas, which as an overall perfect rating on BedandBreakfast.com. The restored Victorian Queen Anneis a registered Texas landmark. Guests are treated to free afternoon refreshments in addition to a full country breakfast. Enjoy this dessert!
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease and lightly flour 9x13 pan.
2. Mix dry cake mix, butter, and one egg. Press into pan.
3. Then mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and two eggs with electric mixer. Pour over pressed mixture in pan.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Variations: Substitute Devil's Food cake mix and add chocolate or butterscotch chips to cream cheese mixture. For golden bars, substitute yellow cake mix.