The following is a recipe from McCaffrey House, a Diamond Collection B&B in Twain Harte, California. A full breakfast is served here every morning in the dining room. It is cooked by Stephanie McCaffrey, a master of the culinary arts, and served in a country-style setting. While eating, you will enjoy views of the forest, diverse birds, and wildlife. They are able to accommodate special dietary needs and times if you give advance notice.
The inn can also prepare a fresh, healthy picnic lunch for you upon request.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts for a total of 28 ounces
- 2 cups of cottage cheese
- 2 cups (handfuls) of Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup of a sweet salsa
- Butter to coat 8 ramekins
- Butter 8 ramekins or a 9x12 Pyrex dish
- Mix eggs in blender
- Add remaining ingredients
- Divide into ramekins or Pyrex dish and bake at 325F for 1 hour or until set.