7. December 2012 15:08
In case you missed it, last month we announced the winners of our 2012 Best of BedandBreakfast.com Award winners. Each fall, we select winners by a thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of guest reviews from the past year. We have over 13,000 member inns, and with so many having stellar reviews, it's a very difficult to pick just 30!
This year, eight of the 10 U.S. award winners and two of our Canadian winners are BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection members. The inn names that are bolded below are in the Diamond Collection.
Top 10 B&Bs in the United States
- Bed & Breakfast on Tiffany Hill in Mills River, North Carolina
- Belfast Bay Inn in Belfast, Maine
- Bufflehead Cove in Kennebunkport, Maine
- Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast in Orange, Virginia
- Historic Webster House in Bay City, Michigan
- Hoyt House Bed & Breakfast* in Amelia Island, Florida
- Port d’Hiver Bed and Breakfast in Melbourne Beach, Florida
- The Farmhouse at Veritas in Afton, Virginia
- Twin Pine Manor Bed & Breakfast in Ephrata, Pennsylvania
- Villa D’Citta in Chicago, Illinois
Top 10 B&Bs in Canada
- Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast in Victoria, British Columbia
- A la Carte B&B in Montreal, Quebec
- A Touch of English Bed & Breakfast in Kelowna, British Columbia
- Binners’ Bed and Breakfast in Victoria, British Columbia
- Cartland Estate Bed and Breakfast in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- John Lewis House in Victoria, British Columbia
- Queen Anne Inn in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
- Sweet Dreams Luxury Inn in Abbotsford, British Columbia
- The Refuge Bed and Breakfast in Mont Tremblant, Quebec
- Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia in East Kempville, Nova Scotia
We do not yet have a Diamond Collection program outside of the U.S. and Canada, but here are our top 10 international winners:
- Bed & Breakfast Pegaso in Valeggio sul Mincio, Italy
- Casa Lima Bed & Breakfast in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Casa Roa in Mexico City, Mexico
- Estinfil Guesthouses in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Le Roulage in Longueville, France
- Lippergüt’l in Füssen, Germany
- Los Artistas B&B in Ajijic, Mexico
- Maison Maurice in Biron, France
- Suites Plazza del Popolo in Rome, Italy
- Villa Los Paraisos in La Puebla de Cazalla, Spain
By Emily Starbuck Crone
3. February 2012 10:21
As we recently announced, The BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection program has expanded to Canada.
Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn is a brand-new Diamond Collection member in Victoria, British Columbia in Canada. It currently has an overall perfect rating on BedandBreakfast.com, and it was awarded a Top 10 Overall B&B in Canada in the 2011-2012 Best of BedandBreakfast.com Awards.
The following review was left by a traveler for a stay in August 2011.
If you're looking for comfortable surroundings, outstanding breakfast food and even more personable hosts, look no further. We choose the Abbeymore just by perusing websites, loved the look of this place and lo and behold, the looks are not deceiving. If Ian [the innkeeper] was any more friendly, we'd have brought him home. The rooms are each unigue and comfortable. The sheets are so soft and comfy, we ordered a set for ourselves. Ian also had excellent recommendations for things to do and place to eat lunch and dinner. Heartily recommend this place!
17. January 2012 15:34
We're excited to announce that The Diamond Collection has expanded to Canada! Our first member is Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia, located in East Kemptville, Nova Scotia. This eco-lodge is located on a 100-acre wooded estate that borders the Tobeatic Wilderness Area and the Tusket and Napier Rivers. Area activities include canoeing, kayaking, stargazing, mountain biking, swimming, hiking, and cooking lessons. You can also relax in an outdoor barrel sauna and wood-fired hot tub. You'll enjoy plentiful natural beauty, peace, and quiet.
Here are some of the reviews left by travelers for stays here:
September 2011: Hidden Treasure!
Trout Point Lodge offers a level of service, detail and setting that is glaringly absent in this province...The food was lovingly prepared and presented; the employees were friendly, ever-present, and helpful. Trout Point Lodge deserves all the accolades it gets.
August 2011: Authentic Canadian Wilderness Lodge
Saw Trout Point listed in Men's Journal for being the best in backwoods luxury--and it proved true. This is an authentic log lodge inserted into pristine river country. Great food and really, really friendly and helpful staff.
June 2011: Planning on Returning!
This stay was the highlight of our Atlantic Canada summer vacation in 2011. Relaxation, great energy and great food just about sums it up. Don't expect a frilly B&B--this is really what you imagine a forest lodge is all about.