16. August 2011 09:05
If you want an interesting twist on eggs for breakfast, try this recipe from McClelland Priest B&B Inn in Napa, California. This Diamond Collection inn is within easy walking distance to gourmet restaurants, shops, wine tastings, Uptown Theatre, and Napa Valley's Opera House.
Tuscan Egg Strata
- 8 eggs
- 8 cups 2% milk
- 24 pieces bread
- 4 cups cheese grated
- 12 pieces salami (optional)
- 24 tbls fresh salsa or olive bruschetta
- Sprinkle top with garlic parsley low salt
1. Spray bottom of baking dish. Line bottom of dish with 12 pieces of bread. Cut off crusts (I use good bread, such as sliced Italian, French or buttermilk).
2. Place one tbls of shredded cheese over each piece of bread. Place one tbls of fresh salsa, or olive bruschetta over cheese and sprinkle garlic, parsley low salt over each piece of bread, cheese, and salsa or olive portion.
3. Place second layer (12 pieces) of bread on top.
4. Mix eggs and milk in mixer and pour over layers.
5. Top each piece with a dollop of butter and bake at 375F for 45 minutes. Serve with a tbls of warm salsa or olive bruschetta and a fresh garnish of rosemary or oregano.