This recipe for creamy potato fritters comes from Romantic RiverSong Bed & Breakfast Inn in Estes Park, CO. This BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection member is a small mountain inn that sits at the foot of Giant Track Mountain and has incredible views of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Mix the cream cheese and egg yolks together until smooth, then season with salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- Add chives and scallions.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and cream cheese mixture, then fold the grated potato into the egg mixture.
- Cook both sides to a golden brown on a hot griddle and serve immediately.
- Serve with sour cream and applesauce.