11. April 2011 08:54
Spring is in bloom at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast in Paxton, Illinois! Pictured below, this 25-acre country retreat is an ideal place to unwind on a romantic getaway. It was built to look like a barnhouse and features English Cottage decor. In addition to several beautiful suites, the B&B also features a separate cabin for those seeking extra privacy.
5. April 2011 15:30
This recipe comes courtesy of the Market Street Inn in Taylorville, IL. The 1892 Queen Anne Victorian home has been run by the same innkeepers for 17 years. The inn has eight guest rooms, most of which have fireplaces and whirlpool baths for two. It also has two suites in a carriage house, which is pet-friendly.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, baked and cooled in pie pan
- 2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced or enough to fill pie shell
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 dozen slices sliced bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Fill pie shell with sliced tomatoes, salt/pepper, chives, and basil.
3. Mix mayo and cheese and spread over tomatoes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut and serve.
3. March 2011 13:28
To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Copperstone Inn in Rockton, Illinois is offering guests 35% off a two-night stay throughout the entire month of March! Simply book a two-night consecutive stay and pay just $388 instead of $598.
This luxurious BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection inn is located on Orchard Ridge Farms. The 9,000-square foot limestone home sits on 130 peaceful acres. With delicious homemade breakfasts and an on-site spa, t's a wonderful place to unwind.
You can book directly through the Special Offers page of their website or by calling +1-815-629-9999.