24. November 2010 10:57
Need some R&R with the one you love? Purchase the couples spa package at The French Manor Inn & Spa in South Sterling, PA.
This package includes the following:
- One-night stay in a luxurious suite with fireplace and whirlpool tub for two (some with private balcony based on availability)
- $100 per person spa credit per day to enjoy at their new Green Spa - Le Spa Foret (they suggest a one-hour couples massage or facial in the romantic couples treatment room with a fireplace)
- A welcome fruit and cheese plate with a decanter of sherry in your room or suite upon arrival
- A gourmet breakfast for two in the morning
This normally costs $575, but with this deal, enjoy it for a lot less! Rates start from only $391.00 per couple midweek and $449.50 on the weekend.
Rates listed above are per couple and based on double occupancy in any suite. Call 877-720-6090 for reservations.
22. November 2010 13:41
Need some major R&R? Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa in Provincetown, MA is a fantstic place to unwind. The inn's Shui Spa features the warm mineral soaking tub, pictured below, in addition to services such as massage, facials, waxing, and nails. You can also enjoy the sauna and steam room. Admission to this luxurious spa is included with your room rate.
The inn features 40 rooms spread across six fully restored historic buildings with a shared landscaped courtyard. Be sure to visit the inn's delicious bistro, which has a 4,000-bottle wine list. The inn is within a short walking distance from Provincetown's shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, galleries, and the beach.
16. November 2010 15:21
Chesterfield Inn in West Chesterfield, NH sits on 10 lush acres and overlooks the Connecticut River Valley. Many of the 15 guest rooms feature fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and private terraces. Within a short distance are activities such as skiing, hiking, biking, shopping, antiquing, canoeing, and kayaking. Well-behaved pets are welcome.
This positive review was posted in April 2010 from a stay last November.
Review title: "A truly memorable experience"
"During a trip to New England last fall I was treated to a wonderful stay at the Chesterfield Inn. The inn and restaurant are a perfect escape to experience the true charm of New England. The room with its inviting fire and sitting area and dreamy king size bed made me want my alarm to clock to never go off. Make sure to take a stroll around at night and enjoy the peace and serenity of this beautiful place. The dining is unforgettable. Make sure to include a dinner in your stay and you will be treated to an amazing meal and the perfect atmosphere to enjoy that meal. The inventive desserts should not even be an option to forgo. The breakfast was simply amazing and the perfect leisurely and inviting way to start a brisk New England day. The staff is wonderfully helpful and truly pleasant to be surrounded by. I hope to return on my next trip to New Hampshire and this time be able to stay. If your travels bring you anywhere in this area, this will be the place you want to spend your valuable time."
15. November 2010 14:46
Getting bored eating the same old thing for breakfast? Spice things up with this flavorful Mexican frittata recipe, courtesy of BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection property Rookwood Inn in Lenox, MA (pictured on right). It is their signature dish, and they serve it piping hot and accompanied with chorizo (mildly spicy Mexican sausage), salsa, corn bread, and fresh seasonal fruits.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 16 oz. egg substitute (egg white)
- 1 large, sweet onion - diced and sauteed
- 6 oz. mushrooms - chopped and sauteed
- 1 large red pepper - julienned and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups baked tortilla chips - crushed
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese - shredded
- Cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and salt - to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first 5 ingredients together and add spices.
3. Pour mixture into a 4-quart glass baking pan sprayed with Pam.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until mostly dry and puffed. Remove from oven.
5. Sprinkle cheese over top and place under broiler to melt cheese. Remove when melted and browned. Cut and serve with additional tortilla chips and salsa.
3. November 2010 10:22
This photo is of the Dr. Frederick A. Luening Deluxe King Suite in the Washington House Inn in Cedarburg, WI. This loft-style room features two fireplaces and a spiral staircase. The lower level has a separate tub room equipped with the largest whirlpool bath at the inn. It also features a living area is adjacent to king bed. Climb a wrought-iron circular staircase to the loft area with even more comfortable living space, along with a wet bar with a refrigerator and coffee maker. This inn features 34 rooms, all with private baths, and 24-hour on-site staff. Their breakfast speciality, cheese and sausage scones, won first place in a national competition. Yum!