16. August 2012 15:41
Imagine waking up in this luxurious bed overlooking the shimmering Atlantic Ocean. Casa Laguna Inn & Spa, located in Laguna Beach, California, offers this and much more. The romantic Diamond Collection property has a large gourmet breakfast menu, a free wine and appetizer hour in the evenings, and a reservation-only soaking tub in a gazebo. The inn is only a 10-minute walk from Victoria Beach. Come here for a pampered California getaway.
By Emily Starbuck Crone
25. January 2011 10:50
We're taking a break from the norm this week to feature a recipe for your furry friends. While there's nothing wrong with the doggie treats you find at the grocery store, why not surprise your pet with a homemade snack? This recipe comes courtesy of Casa Laguna Inn & Spa in Laguna Beach, California. Well-behaved, clean and healthy pets are welcome (with certain restriction) at this mission-style, hillside bed and breakfast. The innkeepers are happy to recommend a number of pet-friendly (outdoor patio) restaurants in additon to nearby dog parks and beaches.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered dry milk
- 6 tablespoons bacon renderings or other meat drippings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Combine flour, dry milk, salt, garlic powder, and sugar. Cut in meat drippings until mixture resembles corn meal. Mix in egg. Add enough water so that the mixture forms a ball.
3. Using your fingers, pat out dough onto cookie sheet to a half-inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter or knife and remove scraps. Scraps can be formed again and baked.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes. Turn off oven and cool on cookie sheet in oven until hard (approximately 1 hour). Store in airtight container.