29. September 2011 16:12
The White Doe Inn is located in the coastal waterfront village of Manteo, which is on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The White Doe Inn is located on Roanoke Island. Special amenities at this Diamond Collection B&B include bedside fireplaces, private baths with two-person whirlpools, imported linens, a four-course seated and served breakfast, afternoon refreshments, inn-room spa services, beautiful gardens, and concierge services.
This excellent review was left for a stay at The White Doe Inn in May 2011.
"Immaculately kept B&B - don't hesitate to book"
The rooms were decorated beautifully. The gardens were well-manicured and numerous fountains were lovely. We visited in early May and weather was great so we ate outside on veranda every morning. The breakfast table was decorated elegantly with beautiful table decor. The inn was immaculately kept and the service was exceptional. I will be visiting again. The White Doe Inn is the epitome of a high-end bed and breakfast.
15. February 2011 10:01
This recipe is courtesy of The White Doe Inn located in the waterfront village of Manteo, North Carolina. This BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection member is a Queen Anne Victorian property listed on the National Historic Register. Guests enjoy a free four-course seated and served breakfast and afternoon refreshments,
Prep time: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir apricot jam until soft and warm. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
3. Place berries in a mixing bowl and pour jam over them. Toss gently to lightly coat the berries. Sprinkle with brown-sugar-walnut mixture andmix lightly. Divide among stemmed glasses to serve.
4. NOTE: To toast walnuts, heat oven to 375F degrees. Spread nuts on cookie sheet and bake until brown, about 5 minutes, checking often.