The following recipe comes from Martine Inn, a BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection member in Pacific Grove, California. This simple but unique recipe serves as an excellent appetizer. The 24-room villa is only steps from Monterey Bay, and many of the rooms feature fireplaces, clawfoot tubs, and views of the water. Enjoy this tasty dish!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 8 oz. soft cream cheese
- 8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cups shredded crabmeat
- pinch thyme
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch salt
- lemon juice from 1/2 of lemon
- sliced almonds (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients (except for cheddar cheese and almonds) and mix thoroughly.
2. Form into a ball.
3. May be rolled in grated cheese or sliced almonds for finishing affect. (We prefer cheese)
4. Chill several hours or overnight. Serve with crackers.
By Emily Starbuck Crone