5. April 2011 15:30
This recipe comes courtesy of the Market Street Inn in Taylorville, IL. The 1892 Queen Anne Victorian home has been run by the same innkeepers for 17 years. The inn has eight guest rooms, most of which have fireplaces and whirlpool baths for two. It also has two suites in a carriage house, which is pet-friendly.
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, baked and cooled in pie pan
- 2 large tomatoes, thickly sliced or enough to fill pie shell
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 dozen slices sliced bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Fill pie shell with sliced tomatoes, salt/pepper, chives, and basil.
3. Mix mayo and cheese and spread over tomatoes.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut and serve.