1. February 2013 16:56
If you're tired of pancakes and cereal, try this easy and tasty breakfast recipe from Lookout Point Lakeside Inn in Hot Springs, Arkansas. The BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection inn features views of Lake Hamilton with the Ouachita Mountains in the distance. Relax in your elegant room, take a nap in the outdoor hammock, or stroll the beautiful gardens or labyrinth (pictured). You will love dining on a hearty and freshly-prepared breakfast each morning, accompanied by Lookout Point's special blend coffee.
Eggs Queso recipe:
- 8 slices Italian or French bread
- 16 eggs, large
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes and chilies (Rotel variety)
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 16 asparagus spears
1. Steam asparagus spears for three to four minutes. Do not overcook. Spears should remain firm. Immerse in icewater to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, remove to plate for later use.
2. Toast the eight slices of bread. Set aside.
3. Poach the eggs.
4. Mix the chopped tomatoes and chiles with the veleeta cheese until smooth, stirring occasionally.
5. To plate the entree, place two asparagus spears at the top of each place. Below the spears, place one slice of toasted bread. Put two poached eggs on each bread slice. Ladle two ounces of cheese sauce over the eggs and bread. Serve with Polish sausage or sausage links.
By Emily Starbuck Crone