15. February 2011 10:01
This recipe is courtesy of The White Doe Inn located in the waterfront village of Manteo, North Carolina. This BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection member is a Queen Anne Victorian property listed on the National Historic Register. Guests enjoy a free four-course seated and served breakfast and afternoon refreshments,
Prep time: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup walnuts
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir apricot jam until soft and warm. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
3. Place berries in a mixing bowl and pour jam over them. Toss gently to lightly coat the berries. Sprinkle with brown-sugar-walnut mixture andmix lightly. Divide among stemmed glasses to serve.
4. NOTE: To toast walnuts, heat oven to 375F degrees. Spread nuts on cookie sheet and bake until brown, about 5 minutes, checking often.