This tasty and healthy recipe is perfect for warm weather. It comes from Abingdon Manor, a country inn and restaurant in Latta, South Carolina. All seven spacious guest rooms have a private bath, cable TV, and fireplace. The beautiful Diamond Collection inn is on the National Register of Historic Places, and it offers optional fine dining and wine service.
Barbeque Roasted Salmon
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz. salmon filets (4)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
1. Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, and salmon fillets in a zip-lock plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour turning occasionally. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Remove fish from bag discard marinade. Combine other ingredients in a bowl. Rub over fish.
3. Place in a 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Serve with rice.