18. January 2011 09:51
This fruity breakfast dish comes from the Amelia Island Williams House Bed & Breakfast Inn in Fernandina Beach, Florida, a lovely seaside town. The antebellum home was built circa 1856. Guests of this 10-room B&B are served two-course breakfasts.
Prep time: 20 min
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed
- 1 carton fresh blueberries
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
1. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of cubed French bread in dish, then sprinkle blueberries and cream cheese cubes over bread. Top with remaining bread.
2. In medium bowl mix together eggs, milk, and maple syrup. Pour over bread. Press bread down so that it absorbs the egg mixture.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Bake covered next morning at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
5. Let rest 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with additional maple syrup.