9. December 2011 14:17
The following recipe comes from Hacienda Nicholas, a Southwestern-style bed and breakfast in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Diamond Collection inn serves a full breakfast each morning using a variety of local dishes, all made with fresh, organic, and natural ingredients. It's located in the heart of the historic part of the town, with traditional adobe walls. Enjoy this tasty dish!
Chewy Coconut Bars
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and blend. Add flour mixture and blend. Stir in coconut and dried fruit until thoroughly mixed. Spread evenly into an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.
3. Bake until cookies are firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Place on a rack to cool, then cut when cooled down. Makes 15 2 1/2'x1/2' bars.