30. November 2010 09:36
Craving something sweet and crunchy? Bake this delicious fresh apple & cranberry crunch courtesy of Mill Rose Inn in in Half Moon Bay, CA. This BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection member is an intimate country retreat within walking distance from the ocean.
- 8 ripe apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely packed brown sugar
- 2 cups orange-almond granola
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 lb. butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine apple slices, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons flour. Place in a buttered 9”x13” baking dish.
2. In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, oats, and 1 cup flour. Cut butter into small pieces with a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over apple/cranberry mixture.
3. Bake 45 minutes. Cut into squares before serving and top with crème fraiche or sour cream.