This tasty breakfast or brunch recipe comes from The Whalewalk Inn & Spa in Eastham, Massachusetts. The Diamond Collection inn is the perfect home base for exploring Cape Cod. You can walk along the Outer Cape beaches, go kayaking, explore the boutiques, visit the art galleries, and more. When you're done, get pampered at the inn's spa and then retreat to your luxurious room.
Note from the innkeepers: "If making more than one pie, we find it easier to make each pie individually, so all ingredients are equally distributed. The oatmeal tends to stay at the bottom of the mixture, until poured."
Prep time: 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 tablespoon dried orange rind granules
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
1. Soak orange rind granules in the Grand Marnier until soft.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix together all the ingredients except the pie shell. Pour into pie shell or ramekins coated with spray.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes.