The following recipe comes from Shellmont Inn in Atlanta, Georgia. The inn serves a delicious breakfast each morning at their elegant dining room table, which is pictured to the right. The inn is also within walking distance from many wonderful restaurants and attractions.
Shellmont Inn Blueberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages of 10 oz. blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 4 beaten eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour or spray two (4 x 8) loaf pans.
2. Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
3. Add eggs (beaten) and oil to dry mixture. Mix by hand. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into greased pans. Bake for one hour.