26. September 2011 13:08
The following recipe is from Bonner Garden Bed and Breakfast, an inn located in the beautiful Monte Vista Historical District in San Antonio, Texas. This Diamond Collection B&B has an overall perfect rating on BedandBreakfast.com. It's in the style of an Italian villa, and it has a 45-foot swimming pool and a full rooftop patio that overlooks downtown San Antonio.
Treasure Filled Coffee Ring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cans Pillsbury golden layers biscuits (10 oz. size)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. package Neuchatel (cream cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a fluted tube or bundt pan with shortening.
2. Combine sugar, orange peel, and pecans. Set aside.
3. Cut package of cheese in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 10 equal pieces. This should yield 20 cubes of cream cheese.
4. Separate each can of biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into two layers. Place a cube of cheese between the layers. Seal the edges around the cheese. Dip each filled biscuit into melted butter, and then into the sugar mixture. Stand the biscuits on edge, slightly overlapping, around the prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle the any remaining sugar mixture. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for one minute. Turn onto a serving plate. Cool slightly and serve.