I’m happy to announce that after months of hard work, Webervations now offers seamlessly integrated credit card processing through QuickBooks Merchant Services.
This is one of the biggest new features we’ve launched on Webervations since we acquired the product only a year ago. This new functionality allows innkeepers to automatically charge a deposit for online reservations, and process charges / swipe cards , etc. Customers can now do full lodging-certifed processing through Intuit/QBMS the same as RezOvation GT customers have been able to do. The new functionality will include full swiped-rates, as well as automatic deposit charging. This isn't just a virtual terminal tied into Weber 1.0, but a fully blown-out cc processing product that will take credit cards online in the booking path if you want to, charge them at reservation, take a deposit, and so on. And to make it even better, it's the same exact pricing and deal as Rezo GT -- nothing up-front, no long-term contract, no early termination fees, and the same great low-rates. We are wiping out the $35/month surcharge that Webervations used to have. This will save innkeepers currently using Webervations credit card processing over $400/year.
This new feature is the latest in what is becoming a long list of upgrades we have made to Webervations in the short time we have owned it including:
- A ton of work on the back-end with server and databse response times and redundancy
- A new custom association building tool
- Linked it to the BedandBreakfast.com online reservation program allowing users to participate in the program and manage all of their rates/inventory through Webervations
- Fixed all kinds of bugs
- Fixed issues with analytics tracking
- Put in all new data security and encryption
- Installed Verisign and HackerSafe
- Launched optional monthly billing
- Are doing a full Level 1 PCI audit on the product
In general, we have really invested in the product all around. We think the new credit card processing is a huge addition to the product and we are really happy to be able to offer it while getting rid of the fee.
As we have said all along, we have no plans to phase out Webervations, and as demonstrated by the list above, we continue to invest in it greatly to make it even better!