The following recipe for baked herb eggs comes from the innkeepers at Black Bear Lodge in South Lake Tahoe, California. The small luxury lodge has five guest rooms, plus three cabins. This recipe is easy to make, but offers a tasty dish that you won't easily find elsewhere. Enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 9-10 slices thin slices good deli ham
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole seed pub mustard
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic mustard
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- dash of oregano
- dash of thyme
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 6 ramekins with Pam. (I use shallow, oval ramekins that are about 5 inches long.) Pull the ham slices into small pieces and place in ramekins.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, cheeses, pepper, green onion and herbs. Stir well, then spoon into prepared ramekins. Use a fork to push ingredients below egg mixture.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and set.
What is your favorite egg dish?
By Emily Starbuck Crone