This recipe for Fruit Salad Vinaigrette is from Maison LaVigne in Harpeville, GA.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb Driscoll strawberries
- 1/2 lb green grapes
- 1/2 lb red grapes
- 1 lb arugula
- 2 cups fresh orange segments, or drained canned mandarins
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn medley, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Sugar in the Raw
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1/4 cup Alessi Raspberry Blush White Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
1. Make the vinaigrette by smashing the garlic and the basil leaves together with the mustard, salt, pepper and sugar, as if making a pesto. When very well mashed, add the vinegar and blend well. Drizzle in the olive oil, blending to make a vinaigrette.
2. Slice strawberries and mix together with washed and dried grapes, and orange segments. Add 1/2 of the vinaigrette. Delicately stir the vinaigrette throughout the fruit.
3. In a separate bowl, mix remaining vinaigrette with the arugula and toss gently to coat. Place on a platter with the fruits and serve with quiche. Great also in little fruit cups.
By Emily Starbuck Crone