This recipe is from Artist's Inn & Gallery in Terre Hill, PA.
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 acorn squash
- Cut each squash in half; remove seeds and place cut side down in baking pan. Add about 1" of water. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 F, or until skins are just a little soft.
- Remove water from pan and place squash cut side up in pan or in small ramekins. Place one tablespoon each of syrup and cream in each squash half, bake additional 15 minutes
- Using a grapefruit spoon, mix syrup, cream and squash flesh together.
- Squash can be baked beforehand, wrapped in plastic and refrigerated. Heat with the syrup and cream just before serving. It may take a little longer since they will be chilled.
By Emily Starbuck Crone