This recipe for a Chocolate Chiffon Dessert Cup comes from Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast, Waynesville, NC.
No one leaves the table hungry at the Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast. For lots of scrumptious recipes, check out the inn's blog.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 15 oz ricotta cheese, whole milk or part-skim
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1-2 tbs milk
- Optional, for garnish: whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate curls
- In a food processor, blend the chocolate, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract until very smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually until well incorporated and then gradually add the milk.
- Pour into dessert cups and chill.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate curls if desired.
By Emily Starbuck Crone