The following recipe is from White Lace Inn, a BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection property located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. The inn features 18 guest rooms in four turn-of-the-century neighboring homes furnished in antiques, oversize whirlpool tubs, and fireplaces. Enjoy this tasty breakfast creation!
1 loaf white bread (no crusts)
- 1/2 loaf french bread
- 6 cups fresh/frozen blueberries (rinsed)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Cut bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread.
2. Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes. Stir carefully and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread over blueberries.
3. Cut french bread into ten-1" thick slices, place over cream cheese.
4. Beat eggs, milk, half & half, cinnamon and nutmeg and pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. covered, then uncovered for approximately 15 min. Let set before slicing. Sift powdered sugar over before serving.
By Emily Starbuck Crone