Everyone is looking for a deal these days, and there is no shortage of them at B&Bs. A complimentary – and often gourmet – breakfast is always included. Yet, there are lesser-known and equally worthwhile benefits to a B&B stay. In fact, we've calculated as much as $180 in savings realized by staying at a B&B. Recently, BedandBreakfast.com polled innkeepers to learn about the array of amenities offered at inns and B&Bs throughout the contry. Figures below reflect our survey results. Here’s how the value of B&Bs add up:
- Free breakfasts for two daily (all B&Bs): $50
- Free Wi-Fi access and/or guest computers (nearly 90% of B&Bs): $20
- Free afternoon refreshments, wine and cheese and/or evening dessert for two (94% of B&Bs): $40
- Tip-free help with luggage & concierge services (over 65% of B&Bs): $10
- Free local telephone calls (75% of B&Bs) plus free long distance calls: $10
- Free parking (over 95% of B&Bs): Up to $50
Still not enough value? BedandBreakfast.com ups the savings each month with a different campaign when you book online at the site. This month, look for more than $100 in savings on a four-night stay booked on BedandBreakfast.com through the Fantastic Fall Sale.
For the next two weeks, we'll post an additional piece of advice for saving on B&B getaways. Be sure to check back for more travel advice.
Travel midweek to the country and weekends to the city: Rural B&Bs are popular relaxing weekend escapes for those hoping to “get out of the city,” yet midweek is quieter. Since business travelers tend to fill urban B&Bs during the week, you’ll often find wider availability on the weekends. Room rates may reflect the slower times, so ask for midweek or a weekend rate depending upon where you’re traveling.
Tune into the BedandBreakfast.com blog daily for more tips on B&B savings.