1. Mix gelatin, brown sugar, salt and spices into saucepan. Stir in milk, water, egg yolks and pumpkin and mix well. If you mix the water, yokes and milk first and then add the pumpkin it blends easier.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is heated through (about ten minutes). When it bubbles, it spatters, so be careful.
3. When mixture is thick enough to coat spoon, remove from heat. Cover with wax paper to prevent mixture from forming a "skin" and chill, stirring occasionally.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar. Fold gelatin mixture into the beaten egg whites. Turn into baked crust. Chill until firm and top with whipped cream before serving.
5. The perfect light dessert after a heavy meal.