Here's a tasty adult beverage for those looking for a sweet treat this holiday season! It takes three weeks to prepare, so get started now to have it ready for Christmas. This homemade cranberry liqueur recipe comes courtesy of Big Mill Bed & Breakfast in Williamston, NC, located in the coastal Carolina countryside.
1. Combine water and sugar in heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer sugar syrup for five minutes, making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Stir in cranberries, lemon rind, and orange juice concentrate. Remove syrup mixture from heat and cool enough so that you can safely pour mixture into blender.
3. Blend on chop setting until berries are just barely chopped.
4. Cool and add vodka. Pour into glass jar and store in cool, dark place for three weeks. Stir every so often.
5. Strain with cheesecloth several times until mixture comes out clear. Store in refrigerator. Reserve pulp for other things like a surprise in a chocolate truffle, over apple pie or baked in an acorn squash. Serve liqueur as a post prandial liqueur.