This delicious recipe for pumpkin lobster bisque soup comes from Kennebunkport Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine. The B&B is located on Maine's southern coast and is a great home base for fishing, sailing, golfing, whale watching, antiquing or simply relaxing on the beach. The inn also has its own restaurant and bar, plus spa services.
- 8 cups lobster stock
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 large white onion
- 2 lb. peeled pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lobster base
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup lobster meat (chopped)
- Saute onions and pumpkin in heavy-bottom deep pot until tender.
- Add lobster stock and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Next, add the lobster base and tomato paste.
- Puree soup in a blender or with a braun.
- Add the sherry and lobster meat. Whisk well and season to taste with salt and pepper.