This creative recipe comes courtesy of Sutherland House Bed & Breakfast in Canadaigua, New York. Once a haunted house, this B&B is an 1885 renovated Victorian home that sits on 5 private and peaceful acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes region. It is surrounded by rolling farmland and trees. Enjoy this sweet treat for a snack or dessert!
- One package (20 ounces) sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups of fresh fruit (suggested fruits: grapes, seedless and cut in half; mandarin oranges; banana slices; kiwi; blueberries; strawberries; and raspberries)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons brandy
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice the cold cookie dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and arrange on a slightly oiled 12-inch pizza pan, overlapping slightly until the pan is covered completely. Press the dough together to seal.
3. Bake the dough rounds for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. This is very important to really cook the shell. Cool.
4. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, and spread evenly over the cookie crust.
5. Arrange the fruit in a circular pattern over the filling. Start at the outer edge.
6. In a small saucepan, melt the preserves and brandy and brush this over the fruit. Chill for 1 hour.
7. Cut the pizza into wedges to serve.
Photo by Nelson Pavlosky