This unusual salmon recipe comes from Cedar Grove Mansion Inn in Vicksburg, Mississippi. This 33-room country inn is located on five garden-filled acres and overlooks the Mississippi River. The rooms are spread amongst five historic buildings. Dine in the antebellum bed and breakfast's romantic restaurant or try a mint julep at the inn's bar.
- 4 six-ounce salmon fillets, skinned & boned
- 1 3/4 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 sheets of phyllo dough
1. Rub salmon with fresh dill.
2. Sear salmon on a very hot grill just a few seconds on both sides to give grilled diamond marks.
3. Brush phyllo dough with 1/2 cup of melted butter on both sides. Place 2 sheets together for each piece of salmon. Place 1 salmon in center of each double-sheet of phyllo dough.
4. Top with 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries and gather up the corners of dough to cover the salmon and raspberries. Twist the pastry gently to seal without splitting dough.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over hollandaise sauce.