1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut butter into flour, sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt in bowl, using pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in one egg, the cranberries and just enough half-and-half so dough leaves side of bowl.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat ½ inch thick and cut with floured biscuit cutter or Pat into rectangle and cut into diamond shape with sharp knife.
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush dough with beaten egg.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.