This recipe for warm, delicious bread pudding comes from Brook Farm Inn in Lenox, MA. Seated on an acre of gardens and with a heated outdoor pool, the inn is a great place to unwind. Many of the rooms feature fireplaces, canopy beds, and whirlpool tubs. In addition to a homecooked breakfast, Brook Farm Inn also serves afternoon tea with fresh-baked scones.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 10 slices bread (may use low calorie)
- 8 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 packets Sweet N Low
- Raisins or dried cranberries, or both
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pam spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Tear bread into shreds. Add egg whites and stir vigorously. Sitr in Sweet N Low, vanilla, cinnamon, and dried fruit.
2. Spray 9x13" pan with Pam. Add the mixture.
3. Bake until the mixture is firmly set and forms crust on top. Approximately 25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with pancake syrup (may use dietetic).