This sinful recipe comes from the 1870 Banana Courtyard in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana. Housed in a former bordello, the B&B is just a three-minute walk from Bourbon Street and within walking distance from other attractions such as Jackson Square, French Market, the river boats, casino, and more.
- 1 lb. butter (leave out until soft)
- 1 lb. sharp cheese, grated
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce OR cayenne pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together then place on waxed paper to rest. Roll out.
2. Use star-shaped bakery tube, cut into long, narrow straws, or make into thin rounds.
3. Bake in 400F degree oven until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
4. After cooled, put in airtight container (preferably one with a lock, or all will disappear before you¿re ready to serve them).