Want to sip a cool cocktail while watching the sunset this summer? Here are five tasty and fruity alcoholic drink recipes from B&Bs that are perfect for cooling off in warm weather.
from The Mango Inn B&B in Lake Worth, FL
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 1/2 cups cups drained sliced jarred mangos in juice (about 1 ¼ 26-ounce jars), ¼ cup juice reserved
- 1 1/4 cups gold tequila
- 1 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 7 cups ice cubes
- 10 slices lime slices
1. Place sugar on plate and ¼ cup mango juice on another plate. Dip each of 10 margarita glasses into juice, then sugar.
2. Puree half each of mangos, tequila, Grand Marnier, and limeade in blender until smooth.
3. Add 3 ¾ cups ice cubes; blend. Pour mixture into pitcher. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Pour margaritas into glasses and garnish with lime slices.
Negril Rum Sunset
from Coral Cove Resort
in Little Bay, Jamaica
- 1 tumbler glass of cubed ice
- 2 ounces Wray & Nephew White overproof rum
- 1 ounce strawberry syrup
- 2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Fresh pineapple and orange slice garnish
1. Fill tumbler glass with ice. Add rum and syrup.
2. Slowly add orange juice to top of glass.
3. Garnish with pineapple and orange slice (optional).
Laguna Lodge's Famous Molten Lava Cocktail
from Laguna Lodge
in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- 1 cup organic pressed carrot and apple juice
- 3 ounces rum
1. Freshly juice carrots and apples in equal proportions to get 1 cup of juice.
2. Pour 3 ounces of rum (or to taste) onto a cocktail shaker half full of ice, add juice, and shake well.
3. Pour into two chilled glasses and garnish with a mint leaf.
4. Sit down, enjoy a healthy drink with a kick!
Evergreen Inn Rum Punch
from Evergreen Inn
in Spring Lake, NJ
- 2 cups Malibu coconut rum
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups Cran-Raspberry juice
1. Mix equal parts of coconut rum, pineapple juice and Cran-Raspberry juice together in a pitcher.
2. Add lots of ice.
3. Pour into plastic glasses and sit in a rocking chair facing west to watch the sunset.
1842 Inn Mint Julep
from 1842 Inn
in Macon, GA
- Handful fresh mint
- Southern Comfort or bourbon of choice
- Amber Bacardi rum
- 1 cup sugar
1. Boil mint until water turns green. Strain the mint in a glass pitcher.
2. Add one cup of sugar for each quart of water while hot to create a mint syrup. Mint syrup can be kept refrigerated for three days.
3. Fill mint julep cup with ice, add one ounce of bourbon and one half-ounce of rum. Stir in your mint syrup until cup is filled. Add two drops of bitters and garnish with lemon and fresh mint.