You can cool off with a cold fruit drink this summer, but why not try fruit soup? Here are two unique fruit soup recipes from BedandBreakfast.com inns.
This recipe is from Madewood Plantation House in Napoleanville, LA:
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 ripe canteloupe
- 4 ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (mint, basil)
- Peel and cut melon and pear.
- Blend together in food processer.
- Add lemon juice, lime juice, and dash of Tabasco.
- Add herbs to taste.
- Refrigerate. Serve chilled.
This recipe is from The Claiborne House Bed & Breakfast
in Jefferson, TX:
Creamed Strawberry Soup
: 15-20 minutesServes:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry liqueur or Grenadine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch (mixed in 1-1/2 tbsps cold water)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- In a one-quart sauce pan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, water, wine, sugar, and lemon juice. Simmer, covered, for approximately five to seven minutes or until sugar is dissolved in the liquid. Add the strawberry liqueur, return to a low simmer, and add corn starch.
- Stir until sauce is slightly thickened and smooth. Transfer the ingredients of the sauce pan into the bowl of a food processor. Add heavy whipping cream and orange zest and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and cool in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- Serve in your prettiest crystal sherbert dishes. Garnish with a dollop of Daisy Brand Sour Cream and mint leaves.
Photo credit: twohelmetscooking