This delicious dessert recipe comes from Plain & Fancy Bed & Breakfast in Ironton, Missouri. It's located in the peaceful Arcacia Valley in a farmhouse built in 1908. It's a great place for a romantic escape!
- 3 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 package Heath Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat butter, sugar, almond extract, and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour; half cup at a time until well blended. Stir in toffee bits and peanuts.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and shape into ball; continue until all the dough is used. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes are until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sift powdered sugar over the top while still hot. Cool on baking sheets at least 10 minutes; then carefully put them to wire racks to cool completely. This cookie is very fragile while warm.
- Store in airtight containers; can be frozen and used later.