Cambridge House B&B, located in Cambridge, Maryland is located in an 1840s manor. Located in the historic district, the inn is within walking distance to the river, shops, restaurants, galleries and museums. Below is their unique spin on a creative breakfast recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup dried berries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons plain/vanilla yogurt
1. Stir together couscous, cinnamon, olive oil, and confectioner’s sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over mixture, covering the couscous completely. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Spread onto baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a fork.
4. Return to bowl and stir in dried berries and pine nuts. Serve with yogurt. Enjoy!
(Adapted from: Breakfasts by Jacque Malouf, Conran Octopus Limited: London.)
By Emily Starbuck Crone